Me, Myself and I.

My photo
Durham, United Kingdom
I'm Kloé Adriana. Rainy walks in my wellies make me happy. Haute Couture brings a smile to my face. I enjoy baking cupcakes and drinking copious amounts of tea.

Saturday 3 July 2010

Just like honey.


"Listen to the girl, as she takes on half the world. Moving up and so alive, in her honey dripping beehive..."
I wasn't at all surprised to see that the beehive is set to be the hottest hair do this Autumn.

So long as one stays away from the grotty Winehouse-esque mess or the tacky barnet of Bet Lynch, the beehive can look super sophisticated and glam (as pictured here on the runway at the Prada fall/winter show).







To achieve an impressive beehive, extensions may come in handy - as natural hair is probably gonna look a little lacklustre. But don't go overboard like these two lovely ladies :)



Voluminous hair has been a staple look on and off the catwalk for a few seasons now, and with the introduction of a nifty wee gadget - the (poorly named) 'bumpit' - it's simple to create BIG hair at home.

It's probably fair to say that big hair hasn't ever really gone out of fashion. Thinking along the lines of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's which was almost FIFTY years ago... Ms Hepburn's do is effortlessly chic and will never date.




So, big hair is here to stay, perhaps for another fifty years? Who knows?!


Now, pass me my hairspray and a comb... I've got some serious back combing to do!

5 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgB__YratE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to tease!
    Love big hair!
    Really fun post, darling ~ loving your blog too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot!!1

    I like big hair, but not amy´s...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Amy's is a tad crazy, could have birds nesting in that nevermind bees! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and will comment back ASAP :) xoxo

Followers