Me, Myself and I.

My photo
Durham, United Kingdom
I'm Kloé Adriana. Rainy walks in my wellies make me happy. Haute Couture brings a smile to my face. I enjoy baking cupcakes and drinking copious amounts of tea.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Long time, no blog - part deux



We headed to the American Museum of Natural History, which disappointingly, the front of the building was going under restoration! But it was still impressive nonetheless. I'd been wanting to visit ever since I watched Nightmare at the Museum...childish I know. But it is world renowned museum :)

I was really taken by the statue outside of Teddy Roosevelt. It's often said that America is lacking in history, but I couldn't disagree more. American history is just as rich and culturally diverse as any other country, I'm fascinated by it.

Inside the museum was astonishing... the tremendously high ceilings and gigantic dinosaur skeletons left me in awe.

We decided to invest in subway passes for the week - a real must if you're planning on lots of activities! Walking and taxi's just don't compare.






And in a flash, we were bound for downtown.

Being the shopaholic that I am, I was looking forward to visiting Century 21 as I'd visited before and knew it would be rife with bargains! I didn't find lots to shout about...there were some cute Marc Jacobs sweaters/tees and thousands of handbags! But there wasn't much that screamed 'buy me'...

I ended up with a Coney Island t-shirt which I thought was cute, and a really pretty fairground print top from American brand MattyM.

The fabric is so soft, and I loved the quirky print! It's a staple top that'll carry throughout the seasons.






Apologies for the small picture...







Century 21 is only a couple of minutes away from Ground Zero, which doesn't seem like such an appropriate name anymore now that there is a thriving construction site.


The new world trade centre looks like it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to see the finished result.








"United we stand, divided we fall..."

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and will comment back ASAP :) xoxo

Followers