Me, Myself and I.

My photo
Durham, United Kingdom
I'm Kloé Adriana. Rainy walks in my wellies make me happy. Haute Couture brings a smile to my face. I enjoy baking cupcakes and drinking copious amounts of tea.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Long time, no blog.

Since I've neglected this for over four months I think it's time to get blogging again!

First off, I've just got to report on my trip to NYC/Philidelphia.


I went back in March and had such an amazing time...

We arrived very late on the evening to our hotel, (a very glam boutique hotel nonetheless...) situated Midtown on the East Side, and imagine my surprise when I opened our curtains to see this glorious view! The Chrysler Building - one of my favourite pieces of architecture in the entire world, lit up and looking spectacular.

New York City is probably one of my favourite places in the world. I just love getting lost amongst the hustle and bustle of the city. There's so much to see, do and just to take-in. There's a real buzz to the city, and it seems palpable.

Anyway! The next morning, I looked out of the window again, and despite the dreary-ish weather, my face lit up to see a lady carrying a Manolo Blahnik bag...being an avid Sex and The City fan it seemed a little uncanny.



We spent the first day taking in the sights on foot, meandering around Central Park for the majority of the day.

This wasn't my first trip to NY, after a visit in 2005 - at the tender age of 16. However, that was a school trip and we weren't allowed much freedom, so I hadlots to explore this time around!

We stumbled across Central Park zoo at just the right time, there's an adorable clock there which must chime on the hour and we managed to catch it as we walked through. The little animals move around the clock, it was all very sweet.




I couldn't resist taking a few snaps of a grey squirrel along the way, I know they're considered vermin but I happen to think they're quite cute! I guess I feel guilty for thinking this, as Carrie Bradshaw said, "a squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit" and in this case she was probably right.






Our next stop was the iconic boathouse in Central Park where we had delicious coffee and brownies.






The boathouse overlooks a lake in Central Park and is absolutely stunning. It has a soothing quality about it, in the sense that you almost forget where you are - in the middle of the world's most popular cities. It's a popular film location, I remembered it from When Harry Met Sally and SATC primarily, but there are numerous film and tv programmes it's been used in. Definitely worth a visit :)


I'd really been looking forward to seeing the Alice in Wonderland sculpture in CP, as a child I loved reading Lewis Carrol's stories, and adored the Disney film version... I loved it so much that I named by blog after it :)






The bronze statue was unveiled in the late 1950's and depicts the memorable characters from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Alice, The Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, The White Rabbit and the dormouse. There are also engraved plaques circling the statue inscripted with lines from The Jabberwocky and little quotes from the text, simply beautiful.




To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and will comment back ASAP :) xoxo

Followers