Me, Myself and I.

My photo
Durham, United Kingdom
I'm Kloé Adriana. Rainy walks in my wellies make me happy. Haute Couture brings a smile to my face. I enjoy baking cupcakes and drinking copious amounts of tea.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Long time, no blog - part trois


The Sphere statue in Battery Park represents so much. The plaque alongside it says the following:

For three decades, this sculpture stood in the plaza of the World Trade Center. Entitled "The Sphere", it was conceived by artist Fritz Koenig as a symbol of world peace. It was damaged during the tragic events of September 11, 2001, but endures as an icon of hope and the indestructible spirit of this country. The Sphere was placed here on March 11, 2002 as a temporary memorial to all who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center.
This eternal flame was ignited on September 11, 2002 in honor of all those that were lost. Their spirit and sacrifice will never be forgotten an eternal flame which acts as a constant reminder of the lives lost on September 11th 2001, and is an emotional sight.





I think the Statue of Liberty is a beautiful statue too, everything that it signifies and represents is truly amazing.

Infact, I love the statue so much that I treat myself to the Longchamp Statue de Libertie 'Le Pliage' which I came across in Bloomingdales! (pics to follow soon)























I loved this pigeon who'd made The Sphere his home, the sneaky thing!


I also chuckled at the bluntness of this 'feed a pigeon breed a rat' poster...nothing like that would be used in the UK, so it's quirkiness made me smile :)






A final pic of me in Battery Park, wearing a Jasper Conran mac, High waisted Baxter jeans from Topshop and a 50's navy patent boxy vintage handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and will comment back ASAP :) xoxo

Followers